Saturday 27 September 2014

Berlin 2014

Hi everyone! I just come back from Berlin and I want to tell you more about it. I went with my cousin Laura and we really had a lot of fun.

Day 1: Landing and sleeping
Actually, the first day we landed at 9 p.m. so we just went to the hotel and then went out to have dinner. We stayed at the Generator hostel in Mitte.

Day 2: Tour on foot
We went to the Reichstag and Brandenburg Tor, we had breakfast at Dunkin' Donuts and then visited the Holocaust Memorial and Potsdamer Platz. We walked around in Kreuzberg, visited the East Side Gallery (amazing!), Alexanderplatz and then back to the hostel. There two American guys asked us to have dinner and we had a lovely evening, in pubs, restaurants and then in the hostel bar.


Day 3: It was the time of the Zoologischer Garten; we had breakfast in a mall with a big window on the zoo and then walked around in Kurfurstendamm (I discovered mary lovely shops over there!) and stopped a bit at KaDeWe.
Then to the Mauer Memorial and home... We wanted to go to the most famous disco in Berlin, The Watergate, but the cue was too long.


Day 4: We took the train to Potsdam and then took a city bus there. It's a  lovely city, with many gardens and lakes. Unluckly it started raining and we went back to Berlin. We went to a Bavarian restaurant for dinner and tryed German typical dishes.


Day 5: Museums' time

We bought the Museum Island Pass and visited the Pergamon, the Neue and the Alte museum. Then there was a green demonstration outside and we joined it. At the end, at Brandenburg Tor, there was a concert of the band Ratatoeska... Love at first sight <3

Day 6: Auf Wiedersehen
We left the hostel at 10 a.m. and visited one last museum (African modern art) then we went to the airport.

It has been a wonderful trip, I met a lot of kind and interesting people and I discovered something of myself I didn't know. I'll go back there. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment